2013 was an interesting year for me. However, I have grown leery of sharing my personal thoughts on a public forum. To be frank, I am relearning that while I may find my everyday life and exploits to be interesting, most of y’all do not give a damn. Anyhow, here are the highlights that happened to me in 2013:
- I fell in love. It has been too long. While it is a risky endeavor, it is better to feel the warm glow of love, even if it is fleeing, than to feel nothing or to have a low temperature about one’s person.
- I had to get a new car because my insurance company totaled my 11-year-old car, after a minor accident.
- I had a hernia surgery in the same area as I did when I was less than a year old. Symmetry is an interesting thing.
- I had only two felony trials this year, and I went .500.
- After being in the public defender fold for almost thirteen years, I decided to walk away.
- I am hanging out my own shingle as a private attorney.
I have no reservations that 2014 may be a rough year for me. Even if I fall flat on my face in 2014, I will not be a failure because I have a wonderful group of family and friends that love and care about me. Moreover, I have failed more times in my life than I have actually succeeded. I will find a way to carry on.
As for celebrating this New Year’s Eve, I am staying in. Whenever I have gone out, I come away with some interesting stories. However, I am getting too old to be acting a fool.
I wish you and yours a brave and Happy New Year. May 2014 bring you and yours joy, happiness, and good health.