I have to admit that last journal entry was fun. So, here is another 20 things about me that you did not know:
21. I have only owned three cars in my entire life. I had my 1991 Ford Escort for 10 years.
22. After graduating from college, the longest that I have lived at any given address has been 2 years. For some reason, I have the urge to move. To quote one judge, I must have rabbit blood in my veins.
23. The first rock concert that I went to was Lollapalooza and that was in 1991. Before then, the only concerts that I attended were for Christian bands, and they were the old style Christian music.
24. I met Ice-T at Lollapalooza. It was when The Rollins Band was on. I hated the fact that I did not have a camera.
25. Despite my love of big band and swing music, I have two left feet and cannot dance very well.
26. I have staggered through the streets of Washington D.C. drunk and without a clue where I was.
27. The last time that I was in love was in law school. The woman that I loved told me that she could never date another white man or have a white man raise her daughter. This broke my heart. I have not really recovered.
28. I was a late bloomer. Everyone in my 5th grade class at Grayson Elementary had started their growth spurt. My parents were scared that something was wrong with me. I had to see a pediatrician. It is was one of the few times during my childhood that I got to spend with my Dad alone.
29. As a child, I believed the characters in the illustrated books were real and would carry conservations with them at night, before I went to bed.
30. In high school, I was elected senior class president. For the life of me, I don’t know how in the hell that happened.
31. I bark at the television during any and all UGA football games.
32. I go the graves of my family members and talk to them.
33. My 7th grade math teacher told me that I should be a preacher. My response was, “What would I spend my money on?”
34. I am a procrastinator. I do not like sticking to a schedule.
35. Until recently, I could not go to sleep before 11 pm.
36. I love listening to Allison Krauss. Her voice is angelic.
37. I still get up early on Thanksgiving day to watch the parades.
38. I have never lived outside of Georgia. I am in no hurry, either. Despite its faults, this is my home.
39. I am libertarian.
40. I have a scar on my left hand. I was 6 or 7. My little sister had broken her arm. My aunt was watching my older brother and I. I attempted to make a fried bologna sandwich. I got the cast iron skillet and put it on the burner on top of the stove. I turned on the burner and left it there for a minute. I learned that iron was an excellent conductor of heat.